VERONA MODEL EXPO 24 - IL VIDEO RIASSUNTO DEI NOSTRI TRE GIORNI DI FIERA! CLICK QUI!

APERTURA ISCRIZIONI ACM MODELING TIME 2024!!! Immagine

Vernice Acrilica Trasparente High Gloss

Tutto sui trasparenti e la cera Future.

Moderatore: FreestyleAurelio

Robbynaish
Modeling Time Addicted
Modeling Time Addicted
Che Genere di Modellista?: Modellista Generico
Aerografo: no
scratch builder: no
Nome: Alessandro

Re: Vernice Acrilica Trasparente High Gloss

Messaggio da Robbynaish »

Dopo linko il sito, c'è anche il tutorial step by step
Robbynaish
Modeling Time Addicted
Modeling Time Addicted

QUi il sito

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... P%29/page2

Qui il tutorial

First, 4 or 5 (or 6 or 7) layers of Envirotex Lite for the water. Used a drop of black and green paint on the first two layers (I wanted to make it seem deeper than it was), and then just a drop of green on the top couple. Turned out a bit darker than I intended, but the illusion of extra depth is there. Also, this was kind of expensive because I needed a LOT of the stuff. Considering getting one of those half-gallon jugs, but that's still a lot of money.

Next, the spouts:

I cut some clear blister plastic to size (making sure that it's a bit narrower at the spout than at the base), and bent it into an arc. Then I superglued it into place. This will fog up those areas of the plastic, which is fine for this because I want it to look foamy. I've used clear caulk for waterfalls before but there were a couple instances where it yellowed pretty badly, so I tried something different this time. Also, the one spout actually has a vertical grating, so I cut more blister plastic and lined it up vertically with those.

Once that was dry, I needed to make it thicker, and also do the waves, so I killed two birds with one stone. The secret is Mod Podge (gloss). I painted it on pretty heavy onto the waterspouts but kinda skimped on the rest of the water, which ended up being that previously mentioned fortuitous mistake. Basically, you pour the stuff onto the water, then run a brush through it and make waves. It dries hard and clear and keeps it's shape. I didn't use enough, so it ended up kinda as a wave, a flat spot, and then a wave __^____^____^, rather than consecutive waves like ^^^^^^. So once that was dry and I realized it looked really bad and artificial, I did a second layer. I used much more this time, but when I was sculpting, didn't realize I was making the waves at a slightly different angle than before, which ended up looking amazing when it dried. Also, make sure you remember that the waves will bounce of stuff, so I did waves coming off the walls and other obstructions like the boxes.

Note on Mod Podge: If you're not careful, the stuff can get a lot of bubbles, which looks great for a waterfall / frothy water, but you'll want to work slower and more careful if you want smoother water (or use another technique, like manipulating half-dried resin with a spoon, etc.)

Once that was dry, I needed to make the waterfall more frothy and waterfally. Next ingredient: Liquitex (unrelated to Envirotex) Super Heavy Gloss Gel. Stuff is amazing. I painted it on to the spouts and right were they hit the water pretty thickly. Keeps it's shape even better, with sharp peaks. So I did streaks coming down from the spout, and then used a big thick brush to make a kind of frothy mess at the base, thicker near where the water hits, with smaller dabs farther away. You can do a couple layers of this to get it thicker and frothier.

Once that dries you need to paint it. This is pretty simple. You'll want to make a white wash (pretty thin) and paint it over the spout and the splashiest part where it hits the water. This helps imply froth. Once that dries, take a piece of blister foam (or a sponge, whatever), dab it in white paint, but brush off most of it like you're going to dry brush. Then dab it onto the spout and the splashy part where it hits the water. You can also brush it very gently down the spout, which will highlight the top layers. More dabs = more froth.

As a note: Painting on top of that removed the glossiness of the waterfall. Which actually makes sense because froth is not shiny. I put a coat of gloss varnish on top (which you can kind of see in the pictures), but I think it looks better without, so I'll be dulling it down with some matte varnish.
Robbynaish
Modeling Time Addicted
Modeling Time Addicted

Questo il prodotto usato

IMMAGINE INSERITA A SCOPO DI DISCUSSIONE - fonte ebay

Immagine